Lexington Electronic Recycling offers e-Waste recycling to help protect the environment. e-Waste consists of electronic devices and gadgets nearing or at the end of their useful life. It covers discarded obsolete electronic devices, cell phones, laptops and more. There’s no need to stockpile your old electronics when Lexington Electronic Recycling will recycle them. Additionally, we offer hard drive shredding that prevents theft of your business or personal information. Eliminate old electronics with e-waste recycling at Lexington Electronic Recycling. There are thousands of electronic devices today that have made our lives easier and more convenient, even more enjoyable, but care must be taken when disposing of these items that have outlived their usefulness.
e-Waste is extremely toxic and the effects on humans are devastating. Electronic waste isn’t just waste, it contains some toxic substances, such as mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, beryllium and brominated flame retardants. All electronics contain toxic materials that can be harmful to people and the planet. Some electronics, like smart phones and laptop computers, contain heavy metals including cadmium, beryllium, hexavalent chromium or arsenic which have shown to build up in our bodies and the environment. The wires and cables that run through all this stuff are often coated with PVC, which contains toxic additives like phthalates. Whether you’re a corporate, small business, government or residential client, it’s almost impossible to expect you to know all the ins and outs of electronic recycling, when you have more important goals to worry about. We offer hard drive destruction by a second party and we will give you documentation of hard drive destruction, upon request.
e-Waste is the fastest growing source of waste in North America:
• 40 to 50 million tons of e-waste are generated worldwide, each year.
• Over 65% of consumers stockpile unwanted devices in homes.
• 5% of all municipal solid waste are compiled of obsolete electronic goods.
• Only approximately 12% of e-waste is recycled.
• e-Waste comprises 70% of overall toxic waste.
• 85% of e-waste sent to landfills and incinerators is mostly burned, releasing
harmful toxins in the air.
Lexington Electronic Recycling provides disposal of out-of-date, unwanted or unused e-waste including:
• Circuit boards
• Flat-screen monitors
• Flat-screen TVs
• LCD screens
• Modems, switches and satellite boxes
• Networking hardware
• Power back-ups
• Telecommunications equipment
• Wiring and cable
• Other electronics and medical equipment (no biohazardous materials)
Lexington Electronic Recycling offers the following services:
• Free pick-up and on-site assessment of electronic items
• Certificate of hard-drive destruction
• A great fundraising option for local charitable organizations
• Tax deduction available through several local charitable organizations
• Portable scales to weigh electronic scrap for purchasing
• Purchase of various circuit boards
Contact Lexington Electronic Recycling with your questions or to schedule a pick-up at LexingtonElectronicRecycling.com or call us at (859) 279-1195.
We also have three drop-off locations:
• Computer Services of KY, LLC | 3910 Lexington Road | Paris
• Ross Technology Group | 1106 Winchester Road | Lexington
• Device Pitstop | 2200 Nicholasville Road – Suite 162 | Lexington
Let Lexington Electronic Recycling help you properly dispose of all your